Tuesday 8 May 2012

Drama - Good for your Health!


As the winter months approach I personally get into an 'Action Plan' mode - I refuse to let the winter bulge hit :)  Johannesburg gets particularly cold and I get particularly hungry! I move into exercise mode and my mind becomes extremely health-focused, well I try at least ;) All this health consciousness gets me thinking about my overall well-being and how I'm coping not only physically but mentally too. Its so important for every individual in the world to be comfortable with who they are and what they can add to the world...and even though they may be one small individual they can make a difference!


I took a long hard look at our drama classes, and that's when I realised how my seemingly small academy is making a big difference! We try to do our bit for each individual that we teach, we strive to boost their self-esteem and self-belief so that they can grow into mentally healthy individuals - how do we do this? Well we look to praise each student no matter what the praise may be! Every week I know that 325 individuals have had their self-esteems boosted - how cool!!!

 In today's word we are so focused on physical appearance and looks that we tend to forget that we need to develop the 'unseen' bits of us too. Surely once we take care of how we view ourselves and the world psychologically we will start viewing everything else a little differently and a little more positively. This is a little bit deep for a Tuesday afternoon, but I just thought that I should share how proud I am of the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy! All over the world all the many small and large Academy's are making a HUGE difference to so many individuals.
If you think you need a boost to the self - come to a drama class, its extremely good for your health :)

No comments:

Post a Comment